Monday, September 1, 2008

Sleep

It is about 2:30 AM. The update. Anna continues to be stable and the 2:00 AM tests looked good and another level on the ventilator has been decreased. Still a long, long way to go but we are making progress. Also they have not had to use much of the sedation medication in the last day. I am proud of Anna and her will to fight through this horrible condition.

Sleep. I know that I need it. I know that it is important in the recovery from my c-section. For me it is impossible. A couple of hours at a time at best. I had previously been taking sleeping pills at night while a patient in the hospital which seemed to "knock me out". None tonight and I am trying to rest but it is just so hard not to be with the baby. I will try to watch some of the stimulating late night TV that is available and patiently wait for the next update.

No comments: