Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Evicted




I anticipated the news coming but was a little taken back this morning on how it was handled. I has just gotten back to the room after visiting Anna and was actually typing the previous blog entry, when a lady entered. She stated that I am the Director of the Unit and asked how things were going. I stated fine. She stated that they were very busy and that they would probably need the room. I told her that I understood and that we had anticipated with labor and delivery being so busy that they would need the space. I told her that I just wanted to be close to the baby while she was on the vent. She said well I am telling you that we need the room, do you have family to help you get your stuff so we can start cleaning. I asked about the hospitality rooms and she said I do not know you need to cal 9020. Then she said what is your last name I said Trinko. She stated “Oh your Husband wrote that article” and she tried to be be super friendly but I made it perfectly clear that I was not happy with her and was not willing now to befriend her after her initial treatment of me.
I was immediately flooded with anger at her approach. I never argued with her and it was like I had 5 minutes to get out. Well eventually I packed up my stuff, a volunteer helped me put it on a cart and we pushed it down to the lobby while I tried to work to get another place to stay. I felt like a homeless person pushing my stuff around the hospital on a cart with no place to go. David ran over from work to give me some cash so I could pay for the room. David and I settled into my new room. I have never had a dorm room before but I will get my experience tonight. No TV, a common bath and shower rooms. This is going to be fun. The walk over takes about 5 minutes which is so much better than the 45 minute trip I would have if I went home.

Jessica

No comments: