Sunday, September 7, 2008

Bath Time



After getting the older girls back from their fun-filled day, we returned home. I immediately returned back to the hospital so that I could witness Anna's first bath. The wonderful nurse on night shift waited for me to return so that I could help with her bath and get her dressed for the very first time. Since Anna was is such distress right after birth, she never received a bath. They would try to wash her off but she had so much “stuff” hooked up to her that it made it difficult to get her clean. She was very oily and was in great need of a complete bath. Before the bath she was weighed and measured. Today she was 5 lbs 15 oz and 19 ½ inches long. She did not much enjoy the bath but enjoyed putting on her clothes. I was glad that I was able to see this moment. I returned back home by midnight. What a day full of progress for Anna!
Jessica

No comments: