Monday, September 1, 2008

Happy Labor Day!

I woke about 5:30 AM this morning and made the walk to the nursery. Little Anna had a really good night. Blood gas levels continue to be good and a couple of minor changes were made overnight to decrease the vent support. She was very relaxed when I arrived. At about 6:00 AM they had to turn her and she really appeared to awaken quite a bit. She was really grasping my finger and kicking her feet. She does have a continuous IV of pain medication to try to keep her comfortable but as she wakes up they said she is going to move more and more. They can not risk having her disturb the breathing tube so they did have to give her a dose of the medication that relaxes her. I am feeling well this morning and optimistic about the day that is to come and what additional improvement my baby girl can achieve.

Jessica

No comments: