Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Good Night Anna

It is difficult to leave the nursery at night. Usually during the day, I do not go more than 2 hours without seeing her. At night, even though I really do not sleep, I usually go 6 hours or so without seeing her.

She was still stable this evening. They were working on dropping her oxygen concentration. When she was first put on the vent is was at 100% for awhile. They made some initial adjustments to get her to a safe level and have been adjusting it down over the past few days. We have been at around 45% for a day or so. They are working to get it to 30% overnight. When I left this evening they were at 36% and she was tolerating it very well.

Day 7 showed a lot of progress and I am looking forward to more progress on Day 8.

Jessica

No comments: