Thursday, September 4, 2008

All tucked in for the night

I stayed until Anna was turned at midnight and the turning down .5 of the vent. We are now at 13. Anna sometimes gets upset when turned so I try to be there during those times. I know that just laying your hand on her calms her down most of the time. They do have a “beanie” that they sometime have to lay over her when I am not there just to give her support. By now I know watch makes her “ticked off” and I have ways to make her relax. Her vitals continue to be strong, even with the pressure on the vent being turned down. I stayed until I know that she was resting peacefully.

I returned to my dorm room and as I pray for another day filled with progress, I just have to remember Father Alphonse's words: You have to have “Hope and Courage”

Jessica

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just found out about Anna. Praying for you and your family. If you need anything let me know.
Sarah Hermiller