Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Sisters

(Anna holding a card from Lissie, it says Sisters, Lissie, Jill)

Lissie knows that she has 2 sisters. She wants to be part of Anna's life. But she is scared. What 7 year old would not be. It is so intimidating for her to go into the the special care nursery and visit her baby sister. She came to the hospital today energized to see Anna. We went to the gift shop and purchased Anna a blanket/stuffed animal and we put it in a gift bag. Lissie put a card in the bag. It was an “Its a Girl” card from the gift shop. She said this is from Jill and I and wrote on the card “Sisters Lissie Jill”. By the time we made it upstairs to the 5th floor, she changed her mind and said that she did not want to go and that I could take the gift. My Mom and I took the gift to Anna. It was a little silly that we were opening the gift for Anna but we put the blanket in the crib with her. I set the card in the crib to take a picture for Lissie to show her that Anna liked the gift and that she would be keeping it in the crib. The cool the thing was that Anna grabbed the card and held on. She did not want to let go, the nurses all came over and were amazed that she was grasping it with such strength. I guess Anna is ready to hang out with her sisters and wants to keep them close to her. It was a really cool and moving moment. I know how much I love and appreciate my sister and can not wait for Lissie, Jill and Anna to grow to be the friends that Kelli and I are today.
Jessica

No comments: