Sunday, August 31, 2008

To go or not to go.

I know that the clock says that it is 3:55 AM. I know that I am tired. I want to go see my Baby Anna. The problem is that physically I am too tired to walk down to the Special Care Nursery by myself. I have called and the nurse assured me that she is still doing about the same and her blood gas levels are stable. Not too many changes overnight. She is getting her first good nights sleep tonight to prepare for Day 4 of her little life. We look for the Doctor to continue small changes and see how she responds today. I guess I will have to accept that I will stay in the room and wait for David to arrive so that we can go to Church. This is the biggest struggle for me, I want to be at her side at all times but I need to rest and relax to be able to recover from my c-section.

Jessica

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's completely normal to want to go see the baby. Just remember, if you're not completely healthy you're not doing Anna (or anyone else in your family) any good.