Sunday, August 31, 2008

One down.

Good news this afternoon. They were able to discontinue one of the medications that was being used. This medication was for blood acid levels which is related to the oxygenation of her blood. Also they decreased the medication that is sedating her so we might start to see a little more movements as the day goes on. Also the pressure of the ventilator has been decreased. Slowly but surely we are making improvements.

More good news. The hospital census is down so I get to stay in this room even though I am not a patient. My room is in the mother and baby section and it is pretty empty. The Dr. told us this morning that he had 9 people that he discharged today. I have to walk through labor and delivery to get to the special care nursery. As of right now there is no one in labor and delivery and I check the board everytime I walk by. We will just hope that there is not an influx of women in the Lima area that go into labor so that I can keep my room for a couple of more days.

I do not want to get to anxious but I am so longing for the moment to hold our beautiful baby. I know that she is so sick right now but all I want to do is hold her in my arms. I know that day will come soon. Anna is now 5 days old and I have still yet to hold her in my arms.

Again thank you to everyone for your prayers. I hope that this blog helps everyone feel like they are informed of her status. It is also a wonderful outlet for me and I am sorry if I get a little "rambly" at times.

Jessica

No comments: