Thursday, February 26, 2009

She's sleeping!

I know a baby sleeping isn't the most amazing thing in the world. But when she hasn't been for the past few days, you really learn to enjoy it.

Since Anna's been in the hospital, we've been lucky to get five to 10 minutes of peace at a time. As I write this, she's been asleep for almost an hour and a half.

That's an hour and a half of not listening to her struggle to breathe. That's an hour and a half without her squirming with what must be unbearable agony. That's an hour and a half of her doing what she needs most, resting.

So yes, I'm ecstatic for something as simple as a baby napping. She's not just "stable," as I've been telling people all day long. Now she's actually comfortable. She's happy. And I'll enjoy her that way for as long as she needs.

No comments: