Thursday, October 30, 2008

Smilling Big at 2 Months


Anna continues to do very well. She is eating 5-6 ounces at a time and is growing really fast. She weighs almost 8 pounds. All of her recent test have come back normal. Fortunately Anna has survived the begin part of the cold season. Everyone else in our home has had some cold symptoms, but Anna is doing well. On Friday of this week, Anna will get her first dose of a medication to help prevent RSV. This medication is only available to high risk babies. It was shipped to our home and has to be given by a home health nurse. She will continue to get this medication throughout the winter every 28 days. We return to her Pediatrician in 2weeks for another well check-up.

This is my last week of maternity leave. Anna starts day care on Monday morning. I have tried to prepare myself. I have all of her stuff labeled and ready to go. Emotionally I have tried to prepare myself to leave her. I know that it will be difficult but it also a fact that I need to work and that I enjoy my career.

No comments: